Friday, September 10, 2010

Time 4 Learning Product Review

I recently had the opportunity to let Joshua test the Time 4 Learning online curriculum and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Joshua has always loved using the computer so I knew this would be a good fit. He finished half of the Level 1 Preschool units on the first day! I had trouble getting him to only do a few units at a time because he loved them so much.

The small issues I have:

  • Subjects - Being that Joshua is Preschool aged, the amount of subjects are limited. I would like to see that level expanded. (There are tons of units for K-8)
  • Reports - It seems that there are no reports available for the Preschool level and I would love to be able to track his progress more. (I understand reports are available for K-8)
  • Passing A Unit - Joshua had particular difficulty getting the hang of patterns. When given the choice of what comes next, he would often choose the wrong one first. Then he would choose the right one because there was no other choice. He did this for almost every question, but was still given a "check mark" that he finished that unit. I would love it if there was a way to not give a child the "check mark" until they answered the questions correctly at least a passing percentage of the time or if there were a report showing that he does not have comprehension in that area, so I know to make him go back & do that exercise again.

Things I love:

  • Each lesson was fun, kept his attention all while teaching him fundamental subjects.
  • Ease of use! This is such an easy and comprehensive curriculum!
  • Joshua LOVES it. And that really says it all. Joshua is retaining the things he's learned and having a blast at the same time, so to me - it's completely worth the money.

I highly recommend this as a comprehensive curriculum to anyone homeschooling or looking to enhance their child's public school learning.

Wanna see if Time 4 Learning is right for you? Visit their website and sign up. They have a money-back guarantee. I believe you'll be glad you did. I sure am!

0 comments: