Monday, February 9, 2009

My Weekend

This weekend I did not do laundry, I did not make dinner, and I did not do much cleaning. I did however sew. I told Brian that I had some sewing projects that I wanted to tackle this weekend and I was going to finish them if it killed me. Well, I survived, but the kids barely did. They were hungry most of the weekend & burned out on Blue's Clues videos I'm sure, but I finished. Here are the fruits of my labor. I'm very proud each of them.
This is Millie the Monkey:

And this is Mae:


Now before you ask, No I am not going to start selling these. I have my hands full right now with 2 home businesses and starting one more is not on the agenda. I will however, be making these as gifts for friends birthdays/Christmas presents. The monkey & Mae dolls are for Joshua & Rachel's birthdays next month. So I will be keeping busy making more for my nieces and nephews this year. If you click on the links you will be directed to Bit of Whimsy's Etsy shop where I purchased the patterns. The directions were very easy to follow and I had lots of fun figuring out what fabric I was going to use for each. The hardest part was finding the time to sew, and my husband was great at keeping the kids distracted long enough for me to get them done. I hope you like them!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Very cute! you did a great job! how funny I picked out that same purple pattern for Kim to make my purse out of!

Ice Queen said...

Wow! What a great job you did!

Unknown said...

You certainly have a talent my friend! I loved Elodie the Elephant. It reminded me of a childhood toy I adored =] xxx.

Ryan and Kim said...

Very very cute!

Bridget said...

So cute! I love the doll...I wish I could make my girls those but I am soooo not talented!