Thursday, March 19, 2009

Favorite Things

So I'm going to take a page from Oprah and tell you one of my favorite things - Mommy Necklaces! About 5 months ago I was desperate to find something that would keep Rachel from pinching & biting me while nursing. I did a search for "nursing necklaces" and found Mommy Necklaces. FINALLY! Necklaces that I could wear everyday that looked fantastic! (Why didn't I think of this???)

These necklaces are safe for babies to play with while nursing. All the components are CPSIA Compliant and they have a nifty breakaway closure so your baby/toddler can pull on your necklace & you don't have to worry about it breaking & beads flying everywhere. I honestly hadn't worn necklaces on a regular basis since Joshua was born because of all the ones he broke! I wish I had known about these 3 years ago!!

Also, In my line of work (Daycare Provider) I'm constantly around kids who are pulling at me. So even when Rachel stops nursing, these will continue to be extremely useful to me.

Another way these are great is for children with special needs. I just enrolled my best friend's son who is autistic. He LOVES necklaces and I don't have to worry about them breaking! He will sit in my lap and play with my necklace for hours.

There's no doubt about it, if you have kids of any age - you need these necklaces! It's totally worth the investment and are cheaper than certain necklaces (that rhyme with "right-on") and these won't break!

Okay, so here's the super fabulous news - they've started a blog & are giving away necklaces to celebrate the kick-off! Just go here and leave a comment to get yourself entered to win! I know you'll love your Mommy Necklace as much as I love mine. (I own 6 already!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

They sound good and I looked at the websitr and they look nice. My aunty is pregnant so I will tell her about this. Thanks! X.