Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy 311 Day!

Today is 311 Day. It also happens to be my daughter's 1st birthday. That is no coincidence.

Most of my friends know that 311 has been my favorite band since way back in the day. Here are some other tidbits: My blog "Beautiful Disaster" is named after my favorite 311 song, the verse that describes my blog is taken from Ecclesiastes 3:11 (I was so stoked when I found it and it matches perfectly!), and finally - I had my daughter induced specifically so her birthday would be on 3/11! I know. I need help.

Now I'm not normally that crazy and obsessed, but her due date was so close that I decided to try for it. Brian was like, "There's no way the dr will induce you on whatever day you want." And I'm like, "I'm the one giving birth & I'll have her whenever I want!" Hahaha. It was touch & go there for a while. At my last appt before Rachel was born (a Friday), the dr said I wouldn't make it to my induction day (Tuesday) and that I would probably be seeing him that weekend. I scoffed and said, "No - I will see you on Tuesday." And I did just that. Rachel and I had an understanding. She's been on my side ever since!

She's such a happy and loving baby and I can't believe it's been a whole year already! We are having the kids' birthday party this weekend and I'm praying it doesn't rain (40% chance). I'm going to post some pics today of Rachel in her shirt that says "Birthday Girl" when I get a chance. Until then, crank up the 311 music and have a great day!

3 comments:

Ice Queen said...

Yes you are crazy! You're just like your mom! The insane one! Rememeber her? hahaha Happy birthday to my little Rachel! And Happy 311 day to you Nina!
Sometimes, I feel a little out there, sometimes, I go off. But just sometimes!

Unknown said...

I have listened to a couple of their songs. They are good :).

Happy 1st belated Birthday to your little girl!!! X.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That is hilarious!

You know what is REALLY cool... I can go below and just add them from your page right now. On my way... ;-)

Oh and I think I am going to have to stalk er, follow you more often.