Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day - 2009


The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. Not only does it mean that my birthday is 12 days away, but it stands for so much more. I love our country and the freedoms we enjoy, so it's nice to take a day to reflect on what a wonderful nation we live in. I am so thankful that I was born in the United States and not a struggling, violent third world country and I believe that we should help those who also wish to be free from tyranny.

I know that we have Veteran's Day and Memorial Day, but I believe Independence Day is a military holiday just as much as the other two, because we would not be free if it were not for those brave men who shed their blood for us. So tomorrow when you're enjoying the hot dogs & fireworks, take the time to thank an Airman, Marine, Soldier, Sailor or Coastie for their service to our country and for the sacrifice they and their families make for this great nation.

God Bless America!

0 comments: