Monday, November 24, 2008

Brag On Your Man

My friend Bridget found the blog called Brag On Your Man, so here goes:

My husband and I have been married for 4 years, but have known each other for almost 15 years. We actually went to the same Jr High and were in band together in 7th grade. I was in colorguard and he played in the band. We didn't actually meet until high school and under sad circumstances. You see, Brian is best friends with Jeff, one of the boys that lived next door to me growing up. And it wasn't until Jeff's younger brother Tim was in the hospital that we met. Actually, it was in Jeff's car on the way to the hospital when we met for the first time.

After that I saw him from time to time when he would visit Jeff. We hung out in different crowds in high school. I was involved in student government, ASB & cheerleading and he was busy playing trumpet in band and causing mischief with his '67 Barracuda. Boy was that thing loud!

Anyways, fast forward to 2003. I had done the whole "bad girl" thing and hadn't found what I was looking for even though it was in front of me all along. "Hiding in plain sight" as it were. I had finally come to a place in my life where I truly knew what I was looking for in a husband and BAM! There he was! I always knew he had a crush on me, but he never followed me around like a puppy dog or anything. He had standards too. And I love that about him. He could have moped around feeling sorry for himself, but instead he simply purposed in his heart that he would never date me while I was living my life for anyone other than God.

Well he finally got his chance and we've never looked back. To say that he adores me is an understatement. He is so good about cleaning the kitchen after I've cooked and loading & unloading the dishwasher (I hate to do it!). He always comes downstairs from his computer when I see something funny on TV and pause the TiVo for him to watch it. (Even though it's usually like 20 times a night!) He is such an amazing father to our two children and has never hesitated when I've asked him to help me out or change a diaper. And of course the one thing I want to brag about most is that he gives me a back & foot massage at least 5 times a week before bed. Yes, seriously. He's so good that I'd suggest that he become a masseuse, but then I'd have to share him and I'm too jealous for that. ;)

He is the spiritual leader of our household, my best friend and I couldn't be happier. We often tell each other "Thank you for marrying me." And today, (even though you're going to kill me for this post) I say again, Thank you for marrying me.


0 comments: