Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Take a moment...

Today is Veteran's Day and I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge how much I appreciate everyone who has ever served our country. This country would be nothing without the sacrifices that our brave military personnel make on a daily basis for our freedom and national security. My dad's father, Norris Skadsem was in the Army and so was my father-in-law Steven Bailey. My brother-in-law Chris Perry is in the Air Force and is currently serving in Iraq, and my beloved grandfather James Costello was a Marine.

From the bottom of my heart....Thank You.


**Update** Applebees Restaurants are testing out a new promotion to honor all active duty & veterans of the military. Military members will receive a free entree & sides on Veteran's Day when they provide proof of military service. Here is the link for more info: http://www.applebees.com/VeteransDay.html

Personally, we will be dining at Applebees tonight to show how much we appreciate their support of our Armed Forces.

3 comments:

Ice Queen said...

Beautiful tribute!

Ice Queen said...

forgot to tell you . . . you spelled received wrong. I know you'll want to fix it.

kristina16marie said...

Thanks mom! I fixed it!